We are offering full and half shares in our garden produce this year. We have a lot of plans for Windy Thistle and this is the year to really make it fruitful. We use sustainable methods, never pesticides or herbicides so you'll be eating foods the way nature intended. We're bee friendly and when Buttercup & Bluebell, our beehives, are harvested, you'll get a share of the honey, too.
Our farm can only sustain only so many families so get your reservation in quickly. What is ready will change every week starting mid-June. The dozen eggs are medium to large brown eggs, laid by our flock. If the ladies don't produce the projected amount, you will get an equal share of what they do lay.
Additionally, membership gives you our series of classes for free - reservations still apply, so make sure you sign up for the classes you want to attend asap. Find the class schedule here: https://heartwynd.wixsite.com/windythistlefarm/post/2020-homesteading-classes-schedule-through-may-2020
You'll also get a weekly recipe that uses some of the items that you'll find in your basket.
Payment plans are available - Contact us on Facebook @ Windy Thistle Farm Stay Bed & Breakfast or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for the contract. Down payment required by 3/31/2020. Don't think you'll be able eat that much? Go in with a friend to split the cost.
Windy Thistle Farm CSA 2020 Membership Contract
We recommend you return your contract (with at least a down payment) by the end of March 2020
City, State, Zip_____________________________
Full Share: Eggs, veggies, cut flowers and herbs, and a loaf of artisan bread. How much in each basket will depend on garden yields and the items will vary as more items come into season. $450 for 18 weeks, June 12 to October 16
Half Share: 12 Garden Items, including veggies, cut flowers and herbs. No eggs or bread. $200 for 18 weeks, June 12 to October 16
Delivery: We’ll bring your basket to your door if you live in S. St. Louis and points south to Dittmer, MO. Leave last week’s empty basket outside your door and we’ll replace it with fresh goodies – it’s just that easy. If you are worried about porch pirates, give us a time you’ll be home and that’s when we’ll stop by. If you don’t live in the delivery area, you can arrange with us to pick up your basket.
If you are unable to make your entire payment at the beginning of the season, feel free to design your own payment schedule:
Enclosed is Payment of:
$______________ Check #_____________
I can also send you a bill from Paypal
Please send your completed contract to: Eileen Stewart, Windy Thistle Farm, 536 Indian Trail, Dittmer, MO 63023 Phone: 636-274-9334 https://heartwynd.wixsite.com/windythistlefarm
Your Membership in the Farm is More than Local
Benefits of Membership
1. Direct access to the farmland and farmers who grow your food.
2. You will help protect local farmland from urban sprawl by supporting a local farm.
3. You have a personal involvement in a local effort to protect and enhance the environment.
4. You will help provide a livable wage for a farm family.
5. You will be welcome to visit the farm and participate for free in farm classes, tours and festivals.
6. You will receive a weekly supply of chemical free vegetables and herbs that will be grown, harvested, and delivered to you as fresh as possible.
7. Depending on the availability, you will be able to request additional produce for special occasions during the season, for additional cost.
Cost of membership
1. By participating in Windy Thistle Farm, you agree to willingly share in the risks and uncertainties of supporting a working farm.
2. You agree to pay $450 for a regular season share or $200 for a regular season half share to support the farm in 2020. You understand that in exchange for this membership fee you can expect to receive an average of 12 different flowers, vegetables and herbs per week from June 12 to October 16.
Contact me on Facebook at Windy Thistle Farm Stay Bed & Breakfast to reserve your share.
What are we growing? Have allergies, or just don't like something? Here is a partial list of what we're starting. Let us know your preferences so you get what you like in your weekly basket. If you don't see what you're looking for on this list, ask us to grow it!
Flower Lemon Bee Balm
Flower Sunflower Arikara
Flower Sunflower Henry Wilde
Flower Sweet Alyssum
Fruit Luffa Gourd
Fruit Pie Pumpkin
Herb Blue Hyssop
Herb Echinacea Purpurea
Herb Free Cinnamon Basil
Herb Green Lemon Balm
Herb St. John's Wort
Vegetable Brussel Sprouts
Vegetable Buttercrunch Lettuce
Vegetable Cucumber, Pickling
Vegetable Free Purple Carrots
Vegetable Pepper, Cayenne
Vegetable Pepper, Green
Vegetable Salad Mix
Vegetable Tomato, Ace
Vegetable Tomato, Blushing Pink Cherry
Vegetable Tomato, Cherry
Vegetable Tomato, Roma
Vegetable Yellow Squash
Vegetable Zucchini Squash