We're taking applications for our community service agriculture gardens. We only have so much available so we'd like to make sure you get on the list! We need to have your application by March 31, 2020.
What are we growing? Vegetables: Banana Peppers, Green Beans, Beets, Broccoli, Brussel Sprouts, Cabbage, Cantaloupe, Purple Carrots, Orange Carrots, Cauliflower, Cayenne Peppers, Celery, Salad Cucumbers, Pickling Cucumbers, Pumpkins, Luffa sponges, Green Peppers, Jalapeno Peppers, Buttercrunch Lettuce, Red-white-yellow Onions, Peas, Radishes, Salad Blend Lettuces, Spinach, Sugar Pie Pumpkins Yellow Squash, Zucchini, Roma Tomatoes, Ace Tomatoes, Blushing Cherry Tomatoes, Cherry Tomatoes, Watermelon
Herbs: Aloe Vera (comes in a pot for your window sill), Lemon Balm, Cinnamon Basil, Sweet Basil, Borage, Calendula, Catmint, Chamomile, Chives, Cilantro, Cumin, Coriander, Dill, Echinacea, Feverfew, Purslane, Horseradish, Blue Hyssop, Lavender, Marjoram, Spearmint, Oregano, Parsley, Rosemary, Sage, Summer Savory, St. John's Wort, Tansy, Thyme and Yarrow. Herbs will come in two weekly bouquets - medicinal and culinary.
Flowers: a bouquet a week will brighten up your home and your bouquet will include a lovely assortment of: Candytuft, Marigolds, Nasturtiums, Pansy, Petunia, Pinks, Sweet Alyssum, Zinnias, Black Eyed Susan, Calendula, Clasping Coneflower, Coreopsis, Cornflower, Indian Blanket, Corn Poppy, Prairie Coneflower, Phlox, Cosmos and much more! Sweeten the air in your home!
Full shares get a dozen fresh eggs from our free range flock of hens, presided over by our roosters, Julian and Terrence. The eggs are medium to large, depending on which lady laid it. Also, I'll bake you a loaf of bread to go with your dinner! What kind of bread will vary every week.
With any membership comes free enrollment in any of the classes we hold here at Windy Thistle. You still have to make a reservation for the classes - class size is limited. You can learn how to make soap, build a no-till garden, can and preserve foods, grow fruits and vegetables, enjoy a cookie class with your child, get spoiled at the Ladies Luncheon (gents are welcome, too) and so much more! You can also get potted plants for your garden in your first market basket. We'll have a large selection available so you can pick a dozen of your favorites! (as available) It's a great deal!
THE FINE PRINT
Your Membership in the Farm is More than Local
Benefits of Membership
1. Direct access to the farmland and farmers who grow your food.
2. You will help protect local farmland from urban sprawl by supporting a local farm.
3. You have a personal involvement in a local effort to protect and enhance the environment.
4. You will help provide a livable wage for a farm family.
5. You will be welcome to visit the farm and participate in farm classes, tours and festivals.
6. You will receive a weekly supply of organically grown vegetables and herbs that will be grown, harvested, and delivered to you as fresh as possible.
7. Depending on the availability, you will be able to request additional produce for special occasions during the season, for additional cost.
Cost of membership
1. By participating in Windy Thistle Farm, you agree to willingly share in the risks and uncertainties of supporting a working farm.
2. You agree to pay $500 for a regular season share or $250 for a regular season half share to support the farm in 2020. You understand that in exchange for this membership fee you can expect to receive an average of 12 different fresh vegetables and herbs and a bouquet of flowers per week from 5/15/2020 to 9/25/2020. A full share receives a weekly 1 dz Eggs & 1 loaf artisan bread, as well. (20 weeks - $25.00 a week for full share)
Full shares are $500 for the entire season and half shares are $250 for the entire season. Payment plans are available. Down payment and signed contract due 3/31/2020.
As always, come out and visit and see what we do here at Windy Thistle Farm